Web Designer Competitive
LondonPosted: 12th July 2018
Summary of role:
- Working with the New Development Manager to develop new applications, tools, etc.
- To play a leading role in design discussions with internal staff and external consultants as appropriate to help shape and implement design ideas.
- To build re-usable code and libraries for future use.
- To optimise code for maximum efficiency and performance across different devices.
- To establish and extend our use of standard front end coding methodologies and tools according to industry best-practice standards.
- Design templates that meet both our technical aspirations and the strategic requirements of our business
- To interface with European Counterparts, Architects, DBAs and Infrastructure Specialists to help maintain sustainable software for the future of the business
- Working with internal and external development and support resources in providing feedback and advice on site design and information architecture in order to ensure all sites meet a high standard of usability and accessibility.
- Support the Initiative framework defined by the Group, encouraging all team members to follow the process
- Undertake any other reasonable ad hoc request by the International Support & Development Manager as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours required:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with good judgement and decision-making ability, able to put theory in practice to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Proven experience in at least one modern framework, e.g. Bootstrap
- Prior experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Knowledge on using GIT or TFS for source code version control
- Ability to deal with international change, release and deployment processes
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to present complex matters succinctly and to a range of audiences, including drafting of proposals, project standards and governance, process & procedural documentation, etc.
- Good project, planning, change and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively with the wide range of technical and non-technical individuals within Group IT and across the business, working equally well on their own and as part of a team
- Must be flexible and willing to work in both structured and unstructured environments at times
- Willingness to apply themselves to the role with good work ethic to ensure the job gets done
- A positive attitude to self-development; someone who maintains an up to date knowledge of their field of expertise and IT in general.
Advantageous Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours:
- Any foreign language skills - Spanish, German would be advantageous but not essential
- ITIL Knowledge – ideally at least to ITIL Foundation level
- ISO 27001 knowledge
- AGILE SCRUM
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Automotive experience
- Experience working in a flexible environment
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to reply to all candidates. We will contact you if your application is successful.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com