LondonPosted: 18th July 2018
Summary of role:
As the London Hub Receptionist you will play a critical role in being the first point of contact for the London Hub Office. You will provide strong administrative support to the London Hub Manager and will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the busy and vibrant office. Your duties will include managing the office inbox, the greeting and signing in of guests, replenishing the delicious office refreshments throughout the day and, being an ambassador of the office culture which may include music selection, checking in with staff to see how their day is going and offering your help where you think help may be needed.
- Act as first point of contact for visitors and staff. Deal with all front of house and phone inquiries efficiently and professionally
- Support the London Hub Manager with the management of the office. Responsibilities include meeting room management, general upkeep and appearance of the hub.
- Responsible for managing and dealing with enquires through the London hub office inbox
- Supporting the Office Hub Manager and L&D Team with administration tasks, such as photocopying, scanning and expenses
- Maintain the refreshments in the office are regularly replenished throughout the day
- Responsible for the weekly order of office supplies and ensuring that the office storage cupboard remains tidy at all times
- Help with the recording of main expenditures such as weekly grocery orders and other office maintenance costs.
- Manage the booking of both UK and Overseas couriers ensuring that both time scales and budgets are met
- Support the L&D team to ensure that when training is delivered in the London office that all room set up needs, catering and logistical requirements are met
- Be responsible for own professional development by identifying training opportunities that would enhance your skill set and further support the business
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours required:
- Experience in using MS Office packages: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills desired
- Experience of working proactively and independently
- Other spoken languages would be advantageous
- Strong organisational skills
- A positive attitude; happy to take on more mundane tasks as well as the interesting ones
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities
- Flexible attitude – ability to prioritise and adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Motivator, willing to seek out tasks when the office is quiet
- Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining a strong eye for detai
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently
To apply, please send you CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to reply to all candidates. We will contact you if your application is successful.